Sunday, August 2, 2026

Review: Silver & Blood by Jessie Mihalik

Silver & Blood Silver & Blood by Jessie Mihalik
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via Netgalley, however I did end up listening to the audiobook borrowed from my library.  As always all opinions are my own.

Based on the synopsis and comparisons I expected to love this book, however I did not.  I'm torn between giving this 1 and 2 stars.  This is supposed to be a romantasy, but there is no chemistry between the main characters and the plot was really lacking to keep me interested in the fantasy side of the storyline.

Riela is a mage who has no control over her magic.  She finds herself in a forced proximity situation with fae king Garrick who can help her learn how to control her power, but all she can think about is sex and how sexy he is.  Garrick thinks she is some kind of spy but can't help but lust after her too.  I didn't really like either of them.  I can see readers who have no interest in fantasy but are here for the spice loving this, but I'm a fantasy lover and I need a plot to keep me interested.  The lack of explanation of the magic, character development, plot, and world building didn't work for me.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment