Sunday, August 9, 2026

Review: The Divine Gardener's Handbook: Or What To Do If Your Girlfriend Accidentally Turns Off the Sun by Eli Snow

The Divine Gardener's Handbook: Or What To Do If Your Girlfriend Accidentally Turns Off the Sun The Divine Gardener's Handbook: Or What To Do If Your Girlfriend Accidentally Turns Off the Sun by Eli Snow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC and ALC of this book via Netgalley, all opinions are my own.

This follows the head gardener at the Divine Gardens and an aspiring gardener will ill intentions.  Cyprin longs to enter the gardens to find the man who abandoned her in her time of need, but she also longs for the beauty of the gardens.  Purcell aims for perfection in all that she does, and the pressure is on now that she is head gardener and sees directly to god.

I found this to be confusing at times as the chapters jump from Cyprin to Purcell's POV, but they weren't always seamless.  There are parts of the plot that I still really don't understand and felt like weren't explained well.  The world is unique and the author uses alot of quirky descriptors throughout the book that sometimes made sense and other times didn't quite work.  As for the plot, there is supposed to be a budding romance between Purcell and Cyprin, but they don't like each other.  Saying "she's hot" does not build chemistry or a relationship, and I found that was the case here.  At no point did I feel that they ever truly liked one another.  All of their motivations seemed to be about one upping the other to push the plot forward.  We don't actually get to understand what is really going on with the world and the religious system until the end of the book, then things started to make sense.  

Overall this story just wasn't for me. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment