Sunday, August 16, 2026

Review: The Last Day of H.P. Lovecraft

The Last Day of H.P. Lovecraft The Last Day of H.P. Lovecraft by Romuald Giulivo
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via Netgalley and Boom! Studios, all opinions are my own.

While I enjoyed the art, I felt like the story was not for me. I feel like this will be a big his for fans of Lovecraft's work and those who know more about his life and backstory. As I don't know much about him and his history other than he wrote some weird fiction that inspired an entire subgenre of horror, I didn't connect with this. The story felt almost like A Christmas Carol as HP Lovecraft faces ghosts from his past during his final hours. Instead of changing his miserly ways, he must face his humanity, choices he made, and the legacy he is leaving. While this graphic novel is fiction, it feels almost like a graphic memoir as it pulls facts from Lovecraft's life and stories into the pages.

While this wasn't for me, I think fans of Lovecraft's work or Lovecraftian horror will enjoy this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment