Saturday, August 8, 2026

Review: Make Me: A Second Chance, Marriage of Convenience Romance by Adriana Locke

Make Me: A Second Chance, Marriage of Convenience Romance Make Me: A Second Chance, Marriage of Convenience Romance by Adriana Locke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ALC of this book via the author, all opinions are my own.

This follows former flames Mira and Hartley.  They were mentioned or side characters in the prior books, but this reads as a complete standalone.  If you want to get to know the other couples and characters mentioned I highly recommend reading the previous 3 books as they are all equally great!  I love the series and the setting of Sugar Creek.

Mira has moved away and runs her own social media business.  Hartley runs his family farm and hasn't really left their hometown of Sugar Creek.  Losing her parents at a young age has caused a sense of wanderlust in Mira that she hasn't been able to shake.  She never truly dealt with her grief and doesn't really want to or know how.  Her wonderful grandmother, who has always been able to see what Mira needs, decides to meddle a bit and decide to leave Mira an inheritance she can't refuse, but there is a catch.  She and Hartley have to marry and stay married for 1 year.  Grandma is hoping that Mira finally deals with her grief and feelings for Hartley.  Harley has never stopped having feelings for Mira, and the whole town has been trying to get him settled down since Mira left.

I love it when Addy writes a grandparent character into her books, and this one was hit.  Mira's grandma was loving while being funny at the same time.  Because Hartley and Mira grew up together and had a romantic relationship previously, I didn't mind that things picked up quickly when they reunited during their marriage of convenience. It never felt like insta-love or insta-lust, it felt like they naturally fell back into something that was always there after desperately trying and failing to stay apart.  You always knew that they would fall back in love and I appreciated that there wasn't a third act breakup and no miscommunication trope.  This had the authors trademark banter, humor, lovable main and side characters, with a sprinkle of seriousness mixed in.

I loved the narrators.  They were both new narrators for me, but they were wonderful as Mira and Hartley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment