Sunday, July 28, 2019

N.E.W.T.s Magical Read-a-Thon TBR


I participated in the O.W.L.s in April, and now it is time for the N.E.W.T.s.  Any Harry Potter fan will know what I'm talking about.  If you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, NEWTs are the Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests that 7th year students take at Hogwarts to determine their magical career paths upon graduation.

If you want more information about the Magical Read-a-Thon go check out Book Roast's announcement video.  She does such an amazing job with all of the prompts the documents she creates.

So when I took my O.W.L.s back in April, I picked Magizoologist as my career path based on what I thought my initial TBR would be.  I did end up finishing all the reading prompts (see what I read), so I think I can pick any career in the guide depending on how many N.E.W.T.s I finish in August.  I'm going to stick with the original plan and try to use the ARCs I've got coming up for fall and some of the books I was planning on reading for the Popsugar and Read Harder Challenges.  As I read other things I'll pencil in where they fit on my sheet to see what else I can finish.

There is also a group read book that you can use to fill in any prompt, Spellslinger by Sebastien de Castell.  Not sure if I'll get to this one, but it sounds interesting.

Keeping with the Magizoologist plan, that means I need receive the following marks on my NEWTs
  • O in Care of Magical Creatures
  • E in Charms
  • E in Herbology
Below are the prompts and the books I plan to read to achieve the required marks to become a Magizoologist:

Magical Creatures Prompts
Charms Prompts
  • Read a book that you think has a gorgeous cover
  • Read a comic/graphic novel/manga (book under 150 pages)
    • Star Mage Vol 2 by J.C De La Torre and Facundo Percio
      • I read volume 1 for the OWLs but I think I'm going to read the version that has issues 1-6 because they are really short.
Herbology Prompts
  • Listen to an audiobook
  • Read a book between 350-390 pages
    • The Furies by Katie Lowe
      • Goodreads lists this at 368 pages







No comments:

Post a Comment