Friday, July 19, 2019

The Reading Rush TBR


I kept seeing all of these read-a-thon videos on youtube about reading rush, soI finally watched one to see what it was all about.  I usually just watch the vlogs and the wrap-up videos because I want to see what people thought about the books.  I came to find out that Booktubeathon got a new name, and it feels a bit more inclusive so those of us who don't vlog feel inclined to participate.  Go check out Reading Rush's website or channel for all of the details.  You can also create a profile, join forums, track your progress, and connect with other bookish people doing the challenge.  Plus you can get fun badges for all the challenges you complete.

The read-a-thon runs from July 22 to July 28 and there are 7 challenges for the week.  There will be additional video and instagram challenges as well.  I just want to get lots of reading done.  Maybe I'll even participate in some of the instagram challenges.

As for my TBR, I probably won't read 7 books next week but if I get through 4 that will be an accomplishment.  I'll be happy if I complete any of these during the week.  I'm so behind, so what better way to read more books than join an unplanned readathon.  I put together a pretty ambitious TBR, but I plan to listen to at least two of them on audio.  Most of the books are around 200 pages so hopefully I can get through half or more in a day and start another. 

Connect with me on Reading Rush via my profile link

1.  Read a book with purple on the cover
a.   Small Spaces by Katherine Arden
2.  Read a book in the same spot the entire time
3.  Read a book you meant to read last year
a.   Black Dawn by Mallory McCartney
4.  Read an author’s first book
a.   The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
5.  Read a book with a non-human main character
a.   The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
6.  Pick a book that has five or more words in the title
a.   The Magic of Race Bailey by Eric Hobbs
7.  Read and watch a book to movie adaptation
a.   A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Bonus Challenge: Read 7 books!  


No comments:

Post a Comment