Monday, July 22, 2019

Review: The Magic of Race Bailey by Eric Hobbs

The Magic of Race Bailey The Magic of Race Bailey by Eric Hobbs
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was a fun read. It follows Horatio "Race" Bailey Jr, son of a famous magician after his father's untimely death after one of his magic tricks is tampered with during a show. When Race's home is ransacked by strange men looking for a trinket his dad gave him only a few days earlier, Race isn't sure what to do. He and his best friends Penny and Max find themselves pulled into a secret government agency for magical arts, but he isn't sure who he can trust. Race and Penny come to find out that they hold an ancient artifact that might let them speak to the dead, or it might bring on the zombie apocalypse.

Race soon realizes that the people he thought he could trust are actually not trustworthy at all. Race soon finds himself in a magical battle and he must rely on all of those magic tricks he thought he hated to survive.

This was a quick, fast paced read. This is a standalone but is definitely open for more magical adventures as Race has taken up his father's mantle as magician and secret agent with Penny and Max by his side.   I've read several of Hobbs books and they are all whimsical and fun.  I look forward to reading more of his stuff in the future. 

I was provided an advanced copy of this by the author for an honest review, but I purchased the final copy from Amazon when it was free.  I've had this on my to review list forever.  I put this on my Reading Rush TBR for this week and I'm glad I did. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment