Thursday, November 10, 2022

Review: Well Acquainted by Laney Hatcher

Well Acquainted Well Acquainted by Laney Hatcher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book by the author via Smartypants romance, all opinions are my own.

This is the second book in the series, however it reads as a standalone. This series is really fun as it is a reimagining of the Knitting in the City series set in Regency England. This book is a reimagining of Friends Without Benefits and follows Eliza and Nicolas. I love how the author took the original material and made it her own. I think Penny Reid fans will love this reimagining as much as they love Elizabeth and Nico's story. I know I did!

Eliza has a broken heart and is plagued with years of guilt from decisions she made in the past. When she is reunited with her childhood friend and first love Nicolas, she must face the pain and guilt she came to London to hide from. There is quite alot of pain between them but when Nicolas asks Eliza to provide medical care to his colleagues at the local theater where he works they can't help but rekindle the friendship they once had. Eliza is a doctor, like her father, which makes her an oddity for the time (read the author's note) but she loves tending to her patients and helping people. Eliza can't help herself when it comes to tending to those in need, and she can't stay away from Nicolas either. As they figure out how to be friends again, they also have to let go of the past and determine if they can have a future together and what that might look like.

I really enjoyed this version of Elizabeth aka Eliza. I felt her character was well supported by her friends despite her trying to hide her problems and deal with her turmoil internally. I loved seeing the Knitting Ladies reimagined as Regency Aristocrats who Embroider. I hope we get the other ladies books as well. Nicolas and Eliza's relationship is a bit of a slow burn, second chance romance as they work through their issues but once they figure things out it is well worth the wait.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment