Thursday, November 17, 2022

Review: A Sliver of Darkness by C.J. Tudor

A Sliver of Darkness A Sliver of Darkness by C.J. Tudor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this collection via Netgalley, all opinions are my own.  

I really enjoyed this collection.  I've read and enjoyed a few of Tudor's novels previously and I love horror/thriller short stories.  There are some really great stories in here, while I didn't love all of them there isn't a bad one in the bunch.  The Block, Runaway Blues, The Completion, I'm Not Ted, Gloria, and Final Course were favorites in the collection.  These are perfect for when you only have a few minutes before bed or in between responsibilities but you still want to get some reading in.  I loved that the author gave an introduction to each short.  I always wonder what inspires an author to write a twisted tale and Tudor gives us some insight into what inspired her to write each of these.

If you are a fan of horror or thrillers or a fan or Tudor's work in genera I'd highly recommend this collection.  Nothing was overly gruesome or graphic in my opinion.  Each of the stories was interesting and held my interest.  I really enjoyed the collection as a whole and look forward to reading more by the author in the future!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment