Friday, November 11, 2022

Review: Shampoo & Condition

Shampoo & Condition Shampoo & Condition by M.L. Ortega
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via the author, all opinions are my own.

This was was a really fun cozy mystery.  It certainly kept me guessing until the end and that is impressive given this is only about 100 pages.  The author throws in a ton of red herrings to keep you wondering but does a great job wrapping things up at the end.   I enjoyed the more whimsical nature of this mystery, it is cozy after all.  I also liked all of the characters and how they are all tied together.  

This follows Jane and her best friend Maggie in the wake of Maggie's sister-in-law's untimely death.  Jane is at the salon when Vivian, the sister in law, enters the salon but never leaves.  Jane and Maggie find themselves unofficially looking into Vivian's death as they learn more and more suspicious information.

If you are looking for shorter mystery read this fall, check this out.  I'm looking forward to reading more from this author in the future.  I hope there are more Jane and Maggie investigations in our future as well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment