Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Review: Kiss To Shatter by Anna B. Doe

Kiss To Shatter Kiss To Shatter by Anna B. Doe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via the author, all opinions are my own.

This is the first book in a duet, following Jade and Prescott. It does end on a bit of a cliffhanger, with the next book due out in only a few weeks so readers don't have to wait very long to find out what happens. My review of book two will be posted in early December so look for the that in the next few weeks if you are interested. We've met Jade and Prescott in previous books in the Blairwood series, however I don't feel you need to read any of the prior novels if you started with this one. If you want to get to know the other characters that play large roles in Jade and Prescott's lives then I recommend reading those as well, but each couple has their own story.

Jade and Prescott fight like cats and dogs. She is Nixon's little sister and he's Nix's best friend. They both have demons they are fighting, and neither is good with talking to their support network about what is going on. In an attempt to ignore their problems, they decide to forget their problems and find comfort in each other for a little while. What starts out as lust, turns into something more as Jade and Prescott find that they have more in common than they thought possible. They both realize that it is OK to need a shoulder to lean on and someone to talk to when you are upset.

Both Jade and Prescott have some very realistic situations, however the way they are presented in the book are a bit unrealistic. Without spoiling anything, I can understand Jade not wanting to deal with a potential medical diagnosis, especially after what she went through with her mom, but I can't come to terms with the fact that she never once considered going to the doctor. I'm hoping that we see that in the next book. The same goes for Prescott. College athletes have an army of dedicated staff to ensure they stay healthy and uninjured. His injury and recovery would have been monitored closely by team doctors and trainers in the real world and I'm having a hard time with my knowledge of the real world meshing with the plot of the book. That being said both of the characters need the particular paths they are on for their character development and the development of their relationship as a couple. I think I'm being a stickler for details, I've been really particular about the details in my books lately.

I would definitely check trigger warnings for this one. You can find them on the author's page here.

Overall I like Jade and Prescott together and I'm looking forward to reading their conclusion. I have alot of questions after this first installment. This has good banter, a good amount of steam, and is fueled by alot of emotion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment