Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Tag Tuesday: The End of The Year Book Tag



Well, it has been quite a while since I've done a tag Tuesday. I usually get my inspiration from youtube and tags seem to have lost their popularity. I saw Ariel Bisset do this tag recently and I really liked it.

I have a ton of books on my TBR, but my focus for the end of the year will be on the ARCs I've received and finishing up the two reading challenges I'm working my way through.

·         Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?
o   No, I tend to be a completionist and finish books when I start them.  I did DNF a book this year but I don’t plan on returning to it.  I did start reading Smart but Scattered last year and I pick it up every once in a while but still haven't finished it.  
·         Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?
o   I don’t usually read books by season.  I kind of just read what I feel like reading.  Thrillers are great for fall as well as books with witches.  I do have a few of those lined up.
§  The Furies by Katie Lowe
§  Verity by Colleen Hoover
·         Is there a new release you're still waiting for?
o   Beard Necessities by Penny Reid due out November 4th.
§  I’ve been waiting for this book for years. This is book #6 in The Winston Brothers series and is probably the most awaited story for fans of the series.  The story follows a couple that has been side characters in the other books, and I was lucky enough to read an ARC of their origin story and I’m dying for this one.  I have to know how this heartbreaking story ends.
·         What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?
o   All of these check off a reading prompt for one of the challenges I’m doing.  Its looking like I overbooked myself for September and October with ARCs so I haven’t been reading many of the books on my TBR outside of those.
o   RedSister by Mark Lawrence
§  I’ve not only heard that this is an awesome book but it fulfills a reading challenge prompt that takes place at an abbey.  This is supposed to have assassin nuns and that is a trope I’m into.
o   Dragonsworn by Sherrilyn Kenyon
§  I love this series, but I keep putting off reading it because I was so let down by the last book.  I read an excerpt of the next book in the series and it is exactly what I expected from Kenyon’s writing but you need to read this one first.
o   Catharsis by Travis Bagwell
§  I don’t actually know what this one is about except it is a LitRPG book.  I don’t know much about LitRPG, but based on recommendations from fans of the genre this is a good one.  I grabbed it on sale from the kindle store earlier this year so we are going to give it a go.
·         Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favorite book of the year?
o   This is a tough one.  It would probably be easier to answer what I expect to disappoint me.  There are so many things I hope that will be favorites.  I have a bunch of new to me author’s coming up in the Penny Reid Smartypants Romance universe, but I expect to really enjoy those.  The books I have on my challenge TBR lists are all things I really want to read. 
o   If I had to pick one I’m going to go with The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi.  I’ve really enjoyed his other YA cli-fi/dystopian books and I’m hoping this one is just as good.
·         Have you already started making reading plans for 2020?
o   I have a few ARCs that come out in early 2020 so if I don’t get to those by the end of this year I will get to them first thing in January.  I’m also looking forward to a few new releases in 2020.
o   I have participated in the Popsugar Reading Challenge for the last few years and the list of challenges usually comes out in late November or early December.  I start penciling in titles for the prompts as soon as the list comes out.  I also plan to keep up with Book Riot’s Read Harder yearly challenge.  It is always fun to join the discussion boards on goodreads and facebook to see what other people recommend and see if I actually read what I planned to.
o   These are the books I’m looking forward to in 2020
§  The Prized Girl by Amy K. Green due out in January 2020
§  Ashlords by Scott Reintgen due out in January 2020
§  The Borgia Confessions by Alyssa Palombo due out in February 2020
§  The King of Crows by Libba Bray due out in February 2020
§  Hollopox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend due out in February 2020
§  Return of the Thief by Megan Whalen Turner due out in August 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment