Monday, September 30, 2019

October TBR



I have another very ambitious TBR this month.  The Smartypants Romance books are coming out in October and November and I've been approved as a reviewer for several of them.  I'm so excited!!!!

If you don't know what I'm talking about, Smartypants Romance are a series of books set in the Pennyverse created by Penny Reid.  Other indie minded authors will be writing stories set in the world Penny has created in her books, either writing stories about new characters or alternative stories for canon characters.  Penny is one of my favorite authors and I know I'm going to love everything that comes from the lovely authors she has teamed up with to extend her universe.

Books/Ebooks/ARCs

  • A Hero Born by Jin Yong
    • This book was published in 1957, but was just released in the US in September.  This is a Chinese fantasy, historical fiction novel about Genghis Khan.  I've started this already and so far it is good.
  • Cilka's Journey by Heather Morris 
    • This due out October 1st and is the follow up to The Tattooist of Auschwitz.  I recently finished that and I'm looking forward to reading Cilka's story as she played a major part in Lale and Gita's story.  I've started this already and this appears to be more fictional than Tattooist.  I don't think Morris had the opportunity to interview Cilka.  
  • The Furies by Katie Lowe due 
    • This one comes out October 8rd and is a YA Thriller.  The cover reminds me of the movie The Craft.  The synopsis kind of gives me those vibes too.  I loved that movie, and this sounds really interesting, it promises occult, mentions witch trials, and has a dark tone.  Looks like a perfect read for fall.
  • I Will Make You Pay by Teresa Driscoll
    • This is out October 10th.  It is a thriller, so perfect for this time of year.  It deals with a stalker who makes threatening phone calls to a journalist on Wednesdays.  Sounds creepy.
  • The Never Tilting World by Rin Chupeco
    • This is the newest fantasy by Chupeco.  It is supposed to have mythology, romance, and ancient prophecy, and female heroines.  Sounds awesome!  It comes out October 15th.
  • Spell on Wheels by Kate Leth, Megan Levens, Marissa Louise, Jen Bartel, and Nate Piekos
  • Verity by Colleen Hoover
    • These are both on my Spookathon TBR, so I plan on reading them the week of the 14th.

Smartypants Romance Releases

    Audiobooks

    Some of these are repeats, but again I'm focused on finishing up my reading challenges.  
    • Song of Susannah, The Wind Through the Keyhole, and The Dark Tower by Stephen King
      • I'm finishing my audio reread of the Dark Tower series.  This series is weird but I love it!
    • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures by Aaron Manhke
      • I put this on my Spookathon TBR, so this is going to happen the week of the 14th.  
      • This is an audiobook I got for free on Volumes, which is Penguin Random House Audio’s app. They periodically do free audiobooks. This is a compilation of stories either from a podcast or inspired by the Lore podcast and TV series. I'm not big on short stories or podcasts, so this is a perfect fit. I also love learning about the history of spooky stuff. It also has a red cover.
    • Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
    • Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton
      • These are recurring repeats because I'm going to get to them and I keep listening to other stuff instead.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment