Sunday, September 1, 2019

Newts wrap up



I wasn't sure I was going to finish all the prompts despite reading quite a lot in August.  I realized if rearranged a bit I could finish the prompts for Magizoologist.  I also just barely finished my last book before midnight local time, but I was able to squeeze it in.

I read my career books in order to get my NEWTs, but you can see the other books I read on my sheet to see the other prompts they fit in.  You can also check out my August Wrap-Up to see what I thought about the books I read.




Magical Creatures Prompts
  • Book title that starts with  letter A
    • Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
      • This was fun but I didn't love it.  I think I would have really enjoyed it had I been about 25 years younger.
  • Book under 300 pages
  • Read a book with a bird on the cover
    • Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin
      • This starts out slow but is actually very good.  Its got witches, religious fanatics, and an unlikely romance.  I really like the magic system.  I finished this at 1130pm local time.  Nothing like squeaking it in before the end of the readathon.
Charms Prompts
  • Read a book that you think has a gorgeous cover
    • Verity by Colleen Hoover
      • This one is just going to have to wait.  
    • The Hanged Man and the Fortune Teller by Lucy Banks
      • This is an interesting one.  I was expecting it to be funny, but it is actually very somber.  It is kind of a historical paranormal fiction.  
  • Read a comic/graphic novel/manga (book under 150 pages)
    • Star Mage Vol 2 by J.C De La Torre and Facundo Percio
      • This is 152 pages but I read the first 27 during OWLS so there you have it.  I didn't love this one.  The art is fantastic but the plot is a bit juvenile.  I think younger readers would really like it.
Herbology Prompts
  • Listen to an audiobook
    • Vengeful by V.E. Schwab
      • This was a decent sequel but I actually liked the first book more.  There are too many characters and plot arcs to keep track of in this one and I had a hard time keeping up.
  • Read a book between 350-390 pages
    • The Furies by Katie Lowe
      • This comes out in October so I'll be reading it in September
    • Welcome to Lagos by Chibundu Onuzo
      • Goodreads says this has 368 pages, I listened to the audiobook.  This was really interesting.  It follows an unlikely group of people who kind of take on a Robin Hood like approach to helping the Nigerian school system.
UPDATE:  Book Roast posted her Wrap Up today and there are diplomas.  Here is mine for Magizoologist!  They look awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment