Friday, September 20, 2019

Review: Saving Fable by Scott Reintgen

Saving Fable Saving Fable by Scott Reintgen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was amazing! I loved this so much. I'm not a huge middle grade reader but when I was provided a copy of this via Netgalley because I read and enjoyed Reintgen's other YA sci-fi works, I jumped on a chance to read this. I have a young reader at home and this looked like a good option for him. I'm going to order him a copy and suggest it to his school librarian.

This follows Indira Story, a fantastic character, who may lose her way but she always finds it again and never gives up. She is resilient and you can't help but love her and cheer for her on her journey to become a hero. Indira is a character who is waiting to become a hero in a story. When we meet her she is hoping to be chosen to go to the famous city of Fable so an Author might pick her to be a hero or a character in a book. She makes her way to Protagonist Preparatory, a magical school, where she takes classes aligned to her skills as character. She also makes some interesting friends and gets adopted by The Penningtons. I have to say Mrs. Pennington is the sweetest motherly character. She gives the best advice, is always there for Indira and her son Patch, and she is always making something delicious to eat. Everytime she was on the page it felt like she was giving you a warm hug. I just loved her character so much! Indira is determined to get a hero role in a story and works very hard on her studies, but she learns from her advisor that feedback from her instructors isn't great. Disheartened by this news, Indira loses her motivation for about 5 minutes, but in true hero fashion she seeks good advice and goes on a quest to get her mojo back.
When she returns to school determined to prove her advisor wrong, strange things begin to happen. Indira knows something funny is going on in Fable and she is determined to get to the bottom of it.

This story was so fun to read. I loved that each character or type of character was an element of a book. I also loved all of the references to other popular novels. There was so much humor and light in this book that I was smiling or laughing most of the time I was reading it. I can't wait to read more in this world and get to see what adventure we get to go on next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment