Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Review: The Shadowglass by Rin Chupeco

The Shadowglass The Shadowglass by Rin Chupeco
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

You know, I read this a while ago but realized I never posted my review.  It was all ready to go but was sitting in draft all this time. 

I listened to the audiobook for the 3rd and final installment of The Bone Witch series and it was very well done.  The first and second book were on the longer side, and these are slower paced fantasy books.  If you like faster paced fantasy books but this series still sounds interesting I say give the audio a try, it's worth it.

This was the perfect ending to the series. As we alternate between the perspectives of the Bard and Tea, the full story is finally revealed. This story has slowly been unfolding since The Bone Witch, but all of those unanswered questions and loose threads finally come together in this final installment and we finally come to find out why Tea was exiled and what her true purpose is.

This installment alternates again between the past and the present telling Tea's story. In the present it appears that she is still intent on revenge and destruction. In the past she is the obedient Asha who is trying to save those she cares about, fall in love, and save the world from unruly demons. Along her travels she uncovers some interesting information about the history of Asha and their magic that causes Tea to begin to question things. I don't want to spoil anything because you just have to read it to find out what happens. I also love the relationships that were developed in this. There are so many great friendships and relationships developed in this book.

This story is full of legends and magic and characters you can't help but love. I really loved how this all came together and I'm really satisfied with the ending. This was such a satisfying conclusion to such a wonderful series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment