Sunday, September 29, 2019

Spookathon TBR



So I was checking Youtube as I do when I'm procrastinating and I came across Booksandlala's Spookathon announcement video.  Go check it out here.

The readathon runs from October 14-20th.  

I love the fall and Halloween.  It is my favorite time of year.  I'm excited that there is a readathon dedicated to the spookier time of year.  I love mysteries and thrillers!  There was a long stretch when I didn't read anything mystery or thriller, but I've been reading more of them the last year or so and I'm so happy to have them back in the mix of things I'm reading.

Challenges and Books I'm going to try and read

Let's be real, I almost never read what is on my TBR, so I'll say these are what I plan to read but we'll be flexible.  I plan on doubling up on these challenges.

  • Read a thriller
    • Verity by Colleen Hoover
    • I’ve put this on several other readathon’s and keep pushing it off. It’s a thriller I keep meaning to get to. It's on my end of year must read list and perfect for this prompt.
  • Read a book with a spooky word in the title
    • Spell on Wheels by Kate Leth, Megan Levens, Marissa Louise, Jen Bartel, and Nate Piekos
    • I’ve been meaning to get to this. It’s a graphic novel so it is perfect for a readathon, and it has witches on a road trip for revenge. Sounds perfect!
  • Read a book with a spooky setting
    • Shadows by Kristen Proby
    • This one is tentative. It comes out at the end of October and I’ve requested an ARC. If I get a copy it would be perfect for this prompt. It is a paranormal romance set in New Orleans, has a characters that sees the undead, and promises unspeakable evil. If I don’t get an advanced copy I’m still planning on reading it after it releases.
  • Read something you wouldn't normally read
  • Read a book with red on the cover
    • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures by Aaron Manhke
    • This is an audiobook I got for free on Volumes, which is Penguin Random House Audio’s app. They periodically do free audiobooks. This is a compilation of stories either from a podcast or inspired by the Lore podcast and TV series. I'm not big on short stories or podcasts, so this is a perfect fit. I also love learning about the history of spooky stuff. It also has a red cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment