Friday, January 25, 2019

Top 5 Wednesday: Top of Your TBR




January 23rd: Top of Your TBR



This is a tough one because there are so many books I want to read! I've mentioned some in the books I didn't get to last year and my most anticipated books already. I'm going to list books I haven't mentioned already to keep things fresh because I plan on reading those.

I'm always looking for recommendations. What's on the top of your TBR?

  • The Stone Sky by N.K. Jemison
    • 31817749
    • I've been listening to this series on audio and it is fantastic.  I forgot how much I like adult epic fantasy.  This series deserves all the hype it gets and every award it has won.  I love the characters and the premise of the story.  I can't wait to find out how it ends.  Will mother and daughter resolver their differences? Will the moon return?...I have so many questions!
  • Return of the Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
    • 11503920
    • This is another series that I listened to over the last year or so.  It is full of political intrigue, some mythology, and great characters.  This is the 6th and I believe final book in the series.  This series surprised me as it isn't something I normally go for, but as it progressed it is full of surprises.  I'm excited to find out how it all plays out.  
  • Red Sister by Mark Lawrence
    • 25895524
    • This is supposed to be another adult fantasy but set in a convent.  Assassin Nuns...sign me up.  I enjoyed The Grave Mercy series by Robin Lefevers, but this is adult versus YA, so I'm looking forward to it.  It has gotten really good reviews from some of my favorite reviewers and I can't wait.  I'm loving adult fantasy right now.
  • Beard Necessities by Penny Reid
    • 30315692
    • Contemporary romance really isn't my thing, but I make an exception if Penny writes it.  She's one of my favorite authors, I highly recommend her!  I love The Winston Brothers series and I've been waiting patiently like many of the other fans for Billy and Claire's book for what seems like forever.  This isn't due out until October.  I know it is going to be heartbreaking, but so worth it.
  • The King by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • 41142454
    • Jen is another of my favorite authors, and this is a companion novella to the Wicked Trilogy.  It is due out in July.  We were left hanging in the last novella, and I'm dying to know what happens in this fae, paranormal romance.  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment