Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Top 5 Wednesday: 2019 Reading Resolutions


Topic:  2019 Reading Resolutions - This one is pretty self explanatory.

  1. Read more of the books I've already bought.  I use my library a ton, and I still plan to do so, but I have a ton of books on my Kindle and my bookshelves that are waiting to be read.  My goal is to read books I've bought.  I am not going to resolve to stop buying books because I'll break that resolution, but I can try to be more selective with my purchases.
  2. Post more reviews.  I was lucky enough to get quite a few ARCs last year, and I reviewed all of them.  I reviewed plenty of the books that weren't ARCs, but about half of the books I read went unreviewed.  I want to up my review percentage.
  3. Read some of the books on the Great American Read list.  I printed off the list of finalists for the Great American Read to see how many I had read.  I've only read 19, some of those were entire series, but I want to cross some of them off.  This will likely been a long term goal but if I get to a couple of them this year I'll be happy.
  4. Complete the 2019 Popsugar and Book Riot Read Harder Challenges.  I'm being ambitious by trying to complete 2 challenges this year, but some of the prompts overlap and both of these help me read more diversely and expose me to new authors.
  5. DNF books if I don't love them.  Life is too short for bad books or books you don't love right?  I can count on 1 hand the books I've never finished.  I always trudge through books even if I can't stand them.  I think it is time I start passing on books if I just don't like them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment