Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Books You've Removed From Your TBR

Discuss the books that you wanted to read at one point, but don't anymore

I have a ton of ebooks I got for free when I first got my Kindle that probably fit this prompt.  If I bought a book I probably still plan on reading it at some point.  I also have a bunch of books that I always planned on reading but will never get to.  These are some books TBR because I thought I'd read them, they sounded good, I liked the 1st book in the series, or I liked the author.   I scoured my goodreads TBR to see what was on there that I'm never going to read, and this is what I came up with.  These are in no particular order and I reserve the right to change my mind and read them at some point.
  1. The Fates Divide by Veronica Roth - I really didn't care for Carve the Mark.  The pace was too slow and I found it really hard to pay attention to the plot.  I have no interest in continuing with the series.

  1. The Midnight Jewel and The Emerald Sea from the Glittering Court Series by Richelle Mead - I read The Glittering Court and it was just OK.  I'm not compelled to read the other books in the series.  It wasn't fantasy story like I expected and at this point I don't see myself going back.  Maybe if I see them on audio and I need something to listen to.  I did like the side characters so I'm not opposed to going back to this series.

  1. The Boyfriend Bet by Chris Cannon - I read the first book in the Boyfriend Chronicles series and it was fine, I just don't see myself ever coming back to this series.  YA Contemporary especially romances just aren't my preference.  I tend to get irritated by the teenage drama then I remember they are teenagers and ask myself why I'm reading YA contemporary romance when I don't really like it.  It really is one of those "its not you, its me" situations.

  1. The Descent Series and all the tie in books by S.M Reine - This is an Indie Author who I found on Pixel of Ink or Kindle with a free book promotion.  The series isn't bad, but there are a ton of books and I just never see myself going back to them.  

  1. Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris - This is book 12 in the Sookie Stackhouse series.  I'm pretty sure I read up through book 11, if not I stopped at 10 and make this one Dead Reckoning instead of Deadlocked.  I really loved this series, it was funny, entertaining, and easy to read.  I read these at a time when I needed something quick to read and I didn't want to think really hard about the book content.  The only problem was each book was pretty much the same.  That started out OK, but got to be boring after a while.  I started the books after True Blood came out on HBO, and while the books and the show are nothing alike, I eventually lost interest.  The show got really weird and the repetitive nature of the books just made me lose interest.  I can see myself picking this up at the library just to finish off the series.  I think there is only 1 more book after this one and some short stories.

What books are you removing from your TBR or do you see yourself just never getting to?


No comments:

Post a Comment