Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Review: Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Till Death Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Narrated by  (Narrator)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This mystery thriller follows main character Sasha, who has returned to her hometown after being gone for 10 years. She left to deal with the trauma of being the lone survivor of a serial killer in her small West Virgina town 10 years ago. In the time she has been gone she sought therapy, finished college, and put her life back together as best she could given what she went through at the hands of "The Groom". Now she's back to help her mother take care of the family inn and Sasha's past continues to haunt her. Not only does being back home bring back painful memories, but strange things start to happen to Sasha. When other women start to show up dead following the same pattern there is speculation that a copycat is recreating The Groom's previous kills and Sasha seems to be some sort of target.

In the midst of her homecoming Sasha is reunited with some old friends and an old flame. Cole was her boyfriend when she was taken by The Groom, now he is a swoon-worthy FBI agent in the local area. Cole and Sasha were college sweethearts and never really got over each other despite the fact that they haven't seen each other for 10 years. Cole also harbors alot of guilt over the night Sasha was taken and the fact that he couldn't protect her. Now given a second chance at a relationship and an opportunity to protect her Cole isn't letting Sasha out of his sight. He is sweet, respectful, patient, kind, and caring. He lets her take the lead, but he lets her know that he's the protector.

I really loved the creepy inserts throughout the book from the serial killer's perspective. There were only a few, but they were just enough. You never quite know who the killer is until the end or where he is, but you know he's close by. Like in the same building close. I had my suspicions as to who he was early on, but I wasn't quite sure until the reveal, which was awesome. I really enjoyed the reveal. I like it when I think I know but I'm not sure. Parts of the book were purposefully vague to keep you on your toes. I like it when authors keep things back, but eventually tell the whole story.

I love Armentrout's thrillers, and this adult mystery thriller is another great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment