Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tag Tuesday: Guilty Reader Tag

I found this over on Milliebot Reads Blog when I was looking for tag ideas.  I follow Millie and you should too.  

Links to the original posts
Chami's original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYlDg... Ali's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLsaz...

Have you ever re-gifted a book?

No I don't think so.  I'm not a big regifter in general.  I've given lots of books as gifts, and I've donates books and given them away.

Have you ever said you’ve read a book when you haven’t?

I never finished Dracula or the Lord of the Flies.  I read most of them, but I'm honest about never finishing them.  For Lord of the Flies I had to read it for school so I probably told my teacher and my mom I finished it.  I just got my copy of Dracula back, and I plan on reading it at some point.

Have you ever borrowed a book and not returned it?

No, I turned them in late all the time, but I always paid my late fees.  My son on the other hand likes to lose his books at school and we've had to replace a couple.

Have you ever read a series out of order?

I know I read Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter Series out of order.  I started with Dream Hunter, then read a couple of the later ones.  Eventually I went back to the begining and have read them in order since.

Have you ever spoiled a book for someone?

Probably, but I didn't mean to.

Have you ever doggy eared a book?

I'm sure I have at some point in my life, but I've always been a big fan of bookmarks.  I know I had a big collection of them as a kid and I know I will use whatever slip of paper I can find these days if I can't find my bookmark.  I'm a big e-book reader as well so this mostly isn't a problem for me.

Have you ever told someone you don’t own a book when you do?

Only if I forgot I owned it.  I have a bunch of books in storage that I am slowly reclaiming.  My memory isn't always accurate on the books I do and don't own.  If I did it wasn't intentional.

Have you ever told someone you haven’t read a book when you have?

I'm typically pretty honest about the books I read.  I'm not embarrassed by the books I've read and I'll tell you my honest opinion on them if you want to know.  That's why I'm here isn't it?

Have you ever skipped a chapter or a section of a book?

I know I did with Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare on audio.  I put audio books on when I go to sleep then I go back to my bookmark the next day and relisten to the parts I missed.  I didn't do that with this one.  I wish I had because I know I missed a ton of stuff.  I just wasn't motivated to do so with this.  I want to go back and read this in physical form because I just had a hard time paying attention to the audio.

Have you ever bad mouthed a book you actually liked?

Not that I recall.  I try to point out the good and bad in all books, but if I liked a book I'll defend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment