Saturday, September 19, 2026

Review: Tales from the Territory by Travis Baldree

Tales from the Territory Tales from the Territory by Travis Baldree
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was provided an ALC and ARC of this book via Netgalley, all opinions are my own.

If you are a fan of the Legend & Lattes series from Travis Baldree this is a must read!  This is a collection of short stories set in the Legends & Lattes universe and follows Zyll, Thimble, Viv, and Tandri in a collection of shorts.  Some of these I've read before while other's I haven't.  I loved all of them!

Goblin's and Greatcoats is available as a free downloadable e-book from Subterreanean Press and follows our favorite goblin Zyll as she solves a murder mystery in her own unique way.  We met Zyll in Brigands and Breadknives and I absolutely love her and her antics.  

Just a Thimbleful was the heartwarming backstory about Thimble, the baker at Legends and Lattes.  We get to see his love for baking bloom and how he came to work for Viv.

Pages to Fill is a short that appears in 2nd editions and later of Legends and Lattes which I've read before and features Viv prior to owning her coffee shop.  It is a short adventure where Viv and her fellow adventurer pursue a dapplegrim and Viv discovers coffee for the first time.

Mirograph gives us insights into Tandri's time as a scholar prior to her life with Viv and some of her struggles being a succubus.

Cavaliers and Coffees is a short about our favorite cafe being threated by a cheat and a copycat.  

I loved all of these and loved revisiting the world and the characters.  I adore this series and Baldree always does a fantastic job narrating.  I always look forward to seeing what the characters are getting up to in this cozy fantasy realm.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment