In a Garden Burning Gold by Rory PowerMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
I was provided an ARC of this book via Netgalley ages ago as part of the paperback releaes campaign. I listened to the audiobook in an effort to clear my shelf, as always all opinions are my own.
I found this a bit confusing. I wasn't really clear on how the magic worked and because there were so many characters it was hard to keep up at times. I like a book with court drama and political intrigue and this has quite a bit of that, but I wasn't always sure what was going on. I kept forgetting who was aligned to which plotline, but it didn't really matter in the end as this is full of rivalries, betrayal, and who can out maneuver who plotlines.
The writing was good, but I would have liked more character development as I still don't feel like I know the characters well.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment