A Confederacy of Dunces by Albert MonteysMy rating: 2 of 5 stars
I was provided an ARC of this graphic novel via Netgalley, all opinions are my own.
I have not read the original novel, and I wonder if something was lost in translation. I felt like I was missing something, but perhaps that is the nature of the storyline.
The art was great and depicted the story well. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy the storyline at all. I didn't find this humorous at all, which is supposed to be the draw of this satirical novel. I thought a graphic adaptation would be a great way for me to finally tackle this. I didn't like any of the characters, which I think is the point and I'm not a fan of those types of books as a preference. I need someone to connect with and even if everyone is a villain, I still need someone to root for.
I give Monteys so much credit for adapting this and feel the art was very well done. Unfortunately, Toole's original story wasn't for me. If you are a fan of satire and social commentary this is a great option.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment