Friday, May 31, 2024

Review: Package Makes Perfect by Lauren Connolly

Package Makes Perfect Package Makes Perfect by Lauren Connolly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via the author and Smartypants Romance, all opinions are my own.

I can't tell you how much I appreciated having a veteran female main character!  As a veteran myself, you don't often see women in the military unless it is a sci-fi book.  I really appreciated seeing a disabled veteran as a main character in a romance novel.  Robin was awesome, I loved her so much.  I also really loved Arthur.  He is a grumpy, bear of a mailman who is really a big old softy once you get to know him.  Arthur is a man of few words, but the ones he does say have meaning.  When Robin catches her boyfriend who happens to be Arthur's cousin cheating on her, Arthur is there to comfort her and help her pick up the pieces.  They form a pact to make Robin's now ex jealous by fake dating, but that has its own complications when their fake feelings take a turn into reality.

Robin and Arthur have a bit of a complicated situation-ship as they both navigate feelings, work, and family stuff.  The both have a hard time communicating what they want in general, so when it comes to love, they both fumble a bit.  They have some really cute moments together which are also met with some great spicy scenes and some really great pearls of wisdom.  I really enjoyed getting to know them.

As with all of the books in the series this reads as a complete standalone.  It does feature characters from other books in the series, however you can read them in any order.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment