Monday, March 6, 2023

Review: The Revenge by Tijan

The Revenge The Revenge by Tijan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC via Netgalley, however I opted to listen to the final version of the audiobook.  As always all opinions are my own.

This book was published in September 2022 and is available in multiple formats via multiple retailers.  This is the third and final book in The Insiders series.  Unfortunately this didn't work for me.  The Insiders was intense and suspenseful, The Damaged had some suspense towards the end, so I was hoping that this would end with a bang.  This was lacking in the suspense and intensity I was looking for. This book was kind of all over the place, there is dialogue that is hard to follow and doesn't really make sense or add to the plot.  Some of the actions of the characters after big traumatic events don't make sense, and in general I'm not a fan of how the author has the characters deal with emotions, grief, and trauma in this series.  Despite all of the maneuvering and dangerous players, this was kind of slow paced and the big show down between Kash and Calhoun was not very action packed.

This book cannot be read as a standalone.  This picks up where book 2 leaves off with Bailey completely shut down after events in book 2.  She slowly comes out of her stupor and begins to reintegrate into her family and life.  While she is grieving and basically suffering from PTSD, Kash is making moves against his grandfather.  There are alot of other players involved to throw Kash and Bailey's plans off track, but it really just made the storyline messy in my opinion.  I don't want to spoil anything, but I was hoping for more action and suspense.  I was kind of bored despite the author throwing in some unexpected twists.

Overall, I'm glad to have finished the series..

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment