Thursday, March 2, 2023

Review: More Than I Could by Adriana Locke

More Than I Could More Than I Could by Adriana Locke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via the author, all opinions are my own.

I loved this grumpy, sunshine romance!  Chase and Megan didn't hit it off initially, but they were instantly attracted to each other.  This does have kind of an insta-love feel to it, which I will admit is not my favorite but there is more than enough substance to the book to make up for it.   

This follows Megan, who is filling in as a nanny as she is trying to figure out what to do with her life in the wake of being let go from her job in California.  Megan is used to travelling being creative but she has never really found somewhere that feels like home.  Chase is a grumpy single dad with a rebellious teenager on his hands.  When Megan shows up to help him out for the next month while his mom is out of town, he knows he's in for trouble.  Megan and Chase had good chemistry and there are some steamy scenes between them.  Megan is also great with Kennedy as she is able to offer the teen a woman's perspective and she grew up with a single parent.  She is also able to give her advice Chase isn't and see her as a 14 year old person versus the parent who is trying to keep it all together.  I loved the scenes between Kennedy and Megan, they were so relevant to raising a teenager.  

This was a really fun read.  I believe this is a standalone, but Adriana left it open to have more books about the Marshall siblings.  I really loved Chase's family and it has a similar feel to her other family series.  If you like those you will probably like this one as well.  Adriana said that she wrote this to be a break from the real world for a little while and it accomplished just that, it has good banter between characters and let me escape reality for a few hours.  


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment