Sunday, March 19, 2023

Review: Intruders by Ashley Saunders & Leslie Saunders

Intruders Intruders by Ashley Saunders & Leslie Saunders
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC via Netgalley, all opinions are my own.

This is the second book in the Exiles series, I don't feel you can read it as a standalone.  There is alot of set up and introduction of the characters in the first book that you really need for this book to make sense.

This picks up shortly after book 1 ends with the twins trying to put their lives and the lives of their siblings back together.  All of the siblings have been impacted in some way by the nanobot technology that their foster father developed.  A sinister group call the Conservators has begun using that technology to target the homeless population in Los Angeles.  As the twins and the core group of siblings work to stop the Conservators, they realize that the homeless aren't the only target.  They plan to control the entire world with.

Much like with book 1 I felt that the pacing was a bit slow until the final few chapters at the end.  I felt the ending felt rushed and things wrapped up a bit too conveniently.   I really thought the premise of the nanobot technology was interesting, but there isn't a ton of time spent exploring the development and science aspect of the nanobots in a lab setting.  You just kind of have to accept that it works and that the bots that make them inactive also works.  The writing in this was still a felt a bit confusing as things jump around from one thing to another.  I was always left feeling as if I missed something as the characters moved from one place to another or one topic to another.  I had the same issue with the first book. 

Overall I enjoyed seeing how this duology came to a close.  The premise was interesting.  This is a great series for readers who want to read sci-fi but don't want to get bogged down by the heavy details of all of the science (I love that stuff, but not every reader does).  I think this will particularly appeal to young adult readers as there isn't a ton of graphic anything, there is a bit of violence but not much and the language is pretty clean.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment