Thursday, April 18, 2024

Review: Ruined Juliet by Katana Collins

Ruined Juliet by Katana Collins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via the author and Literally Yours PR, all opinions are my own.

If you haven't read the other books in the series, I would suggest starting with either Shattered Juliet or Broken Romeo. Then I would move on to this book, but I would suggest reading Rebel Romeo first, then onto Forbidden Romeo. This is told from Kate/Katherine's perspective during her college years with Holden as they take place during Rebel Romeo. There is overlap in events, but as with Shattered Juliet we only get her perspective. In the Romeo books Kate tells the story from the present, while the past is told from Holden's journal entries from college. The Juliet books give us insight into what Kate's experiences and feelings were during their time together in college. While many of the scenes repeat, it is nice to get to know Kate and get her thoughts. I often wonder what she was thinking and why she did some of the things that she did, and this gives us an opportunity to get to understand her a bit better

This is a nice recap of events to tide you over until Forbidden Romeo comes out later this year, and it adds more depth to some of the scenes between Kate and Holden as their relationship was beginning. We get to know them a bit more as they learn to embrace their vulnerability and use it in both their personal and professional lives.

I am anxious to find out how things end for our characters as the final act is closing in and Rebel Romeo ended on a pretty big cliffhanger. I was hoping to gain more info in this installment but I am quite certain the finale will be worth waiting for.



View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment