Friday, April 26, 2024

Review: Nun Too Soon by LIssa Sharpe

Nun Too Soon Nun Too Soon by Lissa Sharpe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via the author and Smartypants Romance, all opinions are my own.

This was a bit of a slow start for me, but things really started to pick up around the 50% mark.  I felt this was a tad on the long side, especially in the beginning as we are meeting all of the characters and establishing the plot.  The second half of the book picks up the pace as our former nun Helen teams up with bounty hunter Thad to find her brother.  They get pulled into a much more complicated situation, and things heat up both on the mission and in the romance department.

This book had a really unique concept, and I'm anxious to see where the rest of the series is headed as the other two characters are intriguing.  Former nuns form a support group as they enter the life outside the convent.  Helen's friends Nina and Matilda are awesome and I look forward to getting to know them more in the future.  Helen, has settled in as a librarian and she is working on a romance novel.  She is seeing a therapist, to work through her feelings and how to navigate new experiences.  Enter Thad, former reality TV start and real life bounty hunter.  He poses as a library patron for a case he is working on, but there is real tension and attraction between them when he finally reveals his intentions.  Helen's brother Dean has always gotten into mischief, but this time he has gotten in way over his head.  They go on quite the adventure to find Dean, and their attraction grows  Helen agrees to help Thad find him, and they set out on a road trip.  Helen really starts to come into her own and experience things that were forbidden and deemed sinful when she was a nun.  Thad also has some stuff he needs to work through based on past relationships.  Their character development was done very well, and I really appreciated how the author approached sensitive situations and the topic of personal choice.

Overall, I thought this was really fun.  I enjoyed getting to know Thad and Helen and I look forward to reading more from the author in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment