Thursday, April 11, 2024

Review: The Kiss Countdown by Etta Easton

The Kiss Countdown The Kiss Countdown by Etta Easton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via Netgalley and the Berkley Besties program, all opinions are my own.

This was a super cute romance.  Amerie aka Mimi to her close friends and family, is going through a rough time.  She had a successful career as an event planner, but when an event went poorly and her focus was on her ailing mom she was let go from her firm and her life has been spiraling ever since.  Now she is ready to take control and branch out on her own, but she is struggling to get her business off the ground and make rent.  Enter Vincent, a successful and handsome astronaut about to launch into space on his biggest mission yet.  His family isn't the most supportive of his career choice, but he loves what he does.  They want him to settle down, or at least find someone.  When he and Amerie collide at their favorite coffee shop, and a little white lie about a fake relationship quickly morphs into something much more.

I completely related to Amerie's dad making PB&J with butter, my dad also made them that way when we were kids.  That made me smile and that bit of nostalgia really hit home for me.  I really loved the family aspect for both main characters.  As we get to know both Amerie and Vincent, we get to understand them both and their personalities.  Vincent is driven and like a scientist likes to control the variables.  Amerie is risk adverse, doesn't deal well with her emotions, and she too likes everything controlled and perfect.  They are kind of perfect for each other and shaped by their life experiences.  I really enjoyed getting to know them, their families, and watching them fall for one another.  They have good banter with one another, and 

Overall I this was a solid debut romance.  I really enjoyed the characters and the slow burn pacing worked really well.  This has a bit of spice but isn't overly detailed in that area which I actually prefer in my romances.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment