Thursday, September 21, 2023

Review: Thank You for Sharing by Rachel Runya Katz

Thank You for Sharing Thank You for Sharing by Rachel Runya Katz
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via Netgalley, all opinions are my own.

This is a tough one for me to review because I thought the book was well written and I enjoyed the storyline.  On the other hand I had I really hard time connecting with the main character Liyah.  I felt like she went out of her way to make herself unlikable.  She was rude to her friends and was constantly insulting the love interest under the guise of teasing.  Her character felt over the top and forced at times.  As we get to know her better we learn that it is both a defense mechanism and a coping mechanism that she has developed.  Towards the latter half of the book we learn about some of the experiences and trauma that causes her to act the way she does and some of her actions and reactions begin to make more sense.  On the other hand I did like Daniel.  He was patient and kind and willing to put up with Liyah's antics and support her when she needed..  

I will say I enjoyed the representation in this book.  Not only do we have a diverse cast of characters who have regular lives and jobs, we also get a good representation of therapy and normalizing taking care of your mental health.  The friend group was great!  I loved that the four friends formed their own club to vent about life and work and whatever and they took minutes and had club rules.  

Overall, this is a cute slow burn, second chance romance.  I don't think I'm the target audience for this particular book.  I think I would have really loved it if I had been able to relate to Liyah a bit more.  Someone out there is going to love her character and really love this book.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment