Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Review: Peaches and Dreams by Juliette Cross

Peaches and Dreams Peaches and Dreams by Juliette Cross
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via the author and Smartypants Romance, all opinions are my own.

I actually really enjoyed getting to know Marly and Wade.  They were the perfect opposites attract couple and nicely balanced each other out.  Marly is impulsive and fun, where Wade is logical and has a plan for everything.  I love a good grumpy sunshine trope and they delivered.  This is low angst and has a nice found family vibe to it.  I liked watching Marly go after her dream of becoming a Moonshine maven and Wade and her friends supported her.  Their family dynamic with Jake, Wade's son, was adorable and he was such an awesome kid!

This was a little spicy for my personal tastes.  If you enjoy spicy books with a lot of dirty talk then this is going to be the book for you.  I don't mind a little spice in my books, but we all have our preferences this did not cater to mine.   I did appreciate the character development though.  Marly is going through some growing pains trying to start her own business and gain the approval from her father who does not approve of her life choices.  She doesn't like to be told what to do, and she doesn't like to be criticized for living her best, authentic life on her own terms.  Enter Wade, who is her complete opposite and wants to understand her and her impulsive ways.  Because she is sensitive to people questioning her decisions because of some family issues, Marly is quick to anger when Wade asks her questions.  Wade doesn't really know how to fight in a relationship and isn't sure where his missteps lie when Marly gets upset.  His previous relationship was amicable and void of passion, yet Marly is overflowing with enough passion for both of them,

Overall this was a really fun opposites attract, grumpy sunshine romance.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment