Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Review: Migraine; Inside a World of Invisible Pain

Migraine; Inside a World of Invisible Pain Migraine; Inside a World of Invisible Pain by Maria Konnikova
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Maria, thank you for writing this.  It has inspired me to do a little more research and ask my doctor some more questions.  My treatment plan is far from perfect, but it could probably be better.

As a migraine sufferer I found this very interesting and validating.  I related to many of the insights the author had, especially the "its just a headache" and the insights regarding finding the right treatment.  It is crazy to think in this day and age, the medical field still approaches migraine treatment as trial and error because the human brain is still a mystery.  

This short audiobook had me nodding in agreement so many times as I had experienced so many of the same or similar situations as the author in finding my own functional solution.  If you know someone who suffers from migraine, be kind, it isn't "just a headache".  Migraines suck, and unless you've experienced one first hand, you really can't understand the pain and misery those of us who get them experience.  As the author points out, each person has different symptoms and treatment.  The only thing they share in common is that all migraines are terrible

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment