Saturday, June 10, 2023

Review: How to Honeymoon Alone by Olivia Hayle

How to Honeymoon Alone How to Honeymoon Alone by Olivia Hayle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via the author and The Indie Author's Apprentice, all opinions are my own.

This was so fun!  If you are looking for a beach read look no further.  This follows Eden and Philip as they both honeymoon alone at a beautiful resort.  Philip is a grumpy lawyer who works too much, while Eden is an unpredictable kindergarten teacher who wants to make the most of her vacation.  Eden has decided to be her best vacation self and doing things that she normally wouldn't do at home and experience everything she can on her once in a lifetime vacation to Barbados.  Philip is stoic and serious, but when he crashes Eden's dinner plans on their first night on the island he finds himself having the most random and interesting conversations and being challenged to become his best vacation self.  The more time he spends with Eden, the less time he spends answering emails and work calls and doing fun things on his vacation itinerary and things Eden bookmarked in her island guidebook.

This is a moderately steamy, grumpy/sunshine, opposites attract romance and I loved every minute of it.  Philip and Eden take their time getting to know one another before jumping into something more, which I appreciated.  While they only spent 2 weeks together, they spent alot of time being platonic before being romantic so it almost felt like a slow burn even though it was only 2 weeks.  They had great conversations that made me smile and laugh.  I loved the descriptions of the island, it made me want to go on a tropical vacation and drink locally sourced cocktails and go snorkeling.

Overall I highly recommend this and if you enjoy a good romance you should check this out when it comes out on June 13th.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment