Sunday, June 18, 2023

Review: Identity by Nora Roberts

Identity Identity by Nora Roberts
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book via Netgalley, however I did end up borrowing the final published version of the audiobook from my local library. As always all opinions are my own. I opted for the audiobook because one of my favorite narrators, January LaVoy, narrates the audio version. As always she does a wonderful job acting out the different characters and really bringing the book to life.

This book is a bit on the long side, roughly 15 hours for audio or 450 pages, but I found it engaging to listen to and I was invested in the storyline. The writing gets a bit repetitive after a while and the plot is a bit predictable, but I still enjoyed it. I've found some of Roberts' thrillers to be hit or miss for me, but this had a good plot and kept me interested. I liked that we got perspectives from both main character Nora as well as the man who is trying to ruin her, Gavin. For it being a thriller I never was concerned for Morgan's safety, I think that was because it was predictable. You kind of knew where things were going to go by the time the final showdown occurs.

I did think the parts about Morgan's stolen Identity could have used a bit more work. Some of the facts about actual identity theft and hacking were a bit vague and loose. I feel like a little more care could and should have been taken with the information regarding identity theft and fraud protection. As someone who works in that field I would have appreciated a bit more accuracy and detail. Identity theft is a very real problem and this made it seem like there is nothing you can do once it happens and that it will keep happening to you.

Overall if you are looking for an entertaining thriller that isn't overly graphic this is a good one to check out. It has a nice family element and a decent romance that is light on the steam.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment