Saturday, July 1, 2023

Review: Space Ships & Other Trips: A Short Story Collection: Book II by Raven Oak

Space Ships & Other Trips: A Short Story Collection: Book II Space Ships & Other Trips: A Short Story Collection: Book II by Raven Oak
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via Netgalley, all opinions are my own.

I really enjoyed the first installment of short stories and this one was just as enjoyable. You don’t have to read one collection to enjoy the other. This has 11 short stories ranging from a few pages to a few chapters and is a bit more sci fi based but covers many different sub-genres. I really enjoyed Ol St. Nick, a space opera type of story with a mystery element; D.E.A.TH., a cool hacker mystery that anyone who works in software development can appreciate; and Hungry if you’ve ever owned a pet this one will resonate.

I’ve really enjoyed getting to know the author through these short stories. I really like that each story has an explanation at the end as to why it was written and where it was published initially. If you are looking for a great short story collection with a sci fi theme give this a try.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment