Saturday, July 8, 2023

Review: Dead & Breakfast by Emma Hart

Dead & Breakfast Dead & Breakfast by Emma Hart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via the author, all opinions are my own.

This is a bit of a deviation from the other books I've read by Hart, but I love a good cozy mystery and this was the perfect read for my vacation.  It was fun and had great characters!  

This follows Lottie after the death of her beloved grandfather.  She finds that he has left her the family bed and breakfast in his will, and she has to decide what she wants to do with it as well as the rest of her life.  Faced with heavy life decisions, a neglected B&B, and unresolved emotions from her teen years, Lottie is a bit overwhelmed.  She is even more overwhelmed when she finds the man who offered to purchase her newly inherited B&B at her grandfather's wake dead in the sunroom.  While and unlikely suspect in his death, Lottie is still a suspect and is determined to clear her good name.  She and her old friend begin their own murder investigation.

This has all of the things I love about Emma's books.  It has great characters with fun banter and hilarious situations.  Lottie's impulsive nature fit the plot perfectly as she tries to solve the murder with her friend Ash.  They use their sleuthing skills as they sit in with the town gossips to gather information, thinking they can solve it before the police.  Ash and Lottie are on the right track, but they kind of make a mess of things on their way to finding the true killer.  In the meantime, Lottie has to face her feelings for her first true love Noah, who happens to be a detective on the case.  

This is the first book in a new series, which I'm sure will follow Lottie on many shenanigans as she gets the bed and breakfast up an running.  I can't wait to see what other mysteries she tries to solve in the next installment.  With Ash and Gwen at her side she will surely be unstoppable.  I see a second chance romance blooming with Noah in her future as well, and I'm sure he will be there to bail them out of any sticky situations. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment