Thursday, April 16, 2020

Stay Home Readathon and Tag



The Reading Rush does a big readathon in July, but since we are all stuck at home the ladies that run it decided to host a mini readathon to encourage people to read and stay home.  Like the regular week long event there will be instagram challenges and badges.  I'm reading anyway, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.   The #stayhomereadingrush is running from April 16th-19th.

The Reading Rush Stay At Home Announcement Video or you can check out their website: https://thereadingrush.com/

Stay Home Reading Tag Questions:


How is your reading going while staying home?  I'm still reading, but I'm less focused.  I am reading less than I was with our hectic schedule when school and activities were going on.  Seems like it would be the other way around, but I'm working from home full time and my house is crazy loud all the time.  It's hard to find a quiet place to read and focus right now.

Where have you been reading at home? Usually on the couch, but because someone is always on the xbox, my focus isn't the best.  I can't focus when I read in bed, I usually fall asleep.  I have been listening to alot of audiobooks, thankfully can usually listen and work at the same time.

Best book you’ve read during isolation?
The Treble with Men by Piper Sheldon - This is kind of a Phantom of the Opera retelling.  It features an angry Maestro and a cello player who hasn't realized her full potential.  I really loved it.









What’s your favourite feel good book?  I'm not a big re-reader, so I'd say I typically turn to romantic comedies when I need a feel good book.  Penny Reid is a go to for me when I need a pick me up or I'm in a slump.

Book you wish you could buy or borrow from the library?  I don't really feel like this is an issue for me.  I shop online for books often and I've been borrowing ebooks and audiobooks from the library for ages so I don't feel like this is an issue for me.  I may or may not have made 2 large Book Outlet purchases during their recent sale.

Author you want to shout out during this time?  Colleen Hoover put up a bunch of her books for free at the beginning of the isolation period and she's been posting a lot of funny stuff on instagram.  Also all of the authors/staff over at Smartypants Romance.  I've been lucky enough to review for the spring launch and the books are awesome.  The authors and the PR staff are amazing.  They have all been posting great stuff, checking in, and if they can putting their books on sale/free for their readers.

What is your Reading Rush TBR? 

Since the readathon is only 4 days I'm planning to double up on the prompts.  

Reading Challenges Read a book with a house on the cover.  
Read a book in the same room the whole time. 
The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson - I've wanted to read this forever.  It just happened to be on sale today, so I was finally able to grab it for my kindle.  I love scary stories and this has both a house on the cover and it is supposedly less than 200 pages.  Should be easy to finish in a few hours and in one place.  It is also touted to be one of the best scary stories ever written.  I'm looking forward to it.  I also have Hell House, but it's a lot longer.  I'll probably save that for Halloween time.







Read a book set somewhere you wish you could go. 
Read a book that will make you smile.
Batter of Wits by Karla Sorensen - This comes out on the 21st, but I have an ARC so I was going to be reading this week anyway.  If I could go to Green Valley and the Donner Bakery or Daisy's Nut House, I would.  I also know that all of these books are smile inducing.  Almost all of them are rom-coms and end with a happily ever after.  I really liked Karla's previous book in the series so I know this one will be great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment