Friday, April 24, 2020

Review: You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen

You Are Not Alone You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and 
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The premise of this story is pretty interesting, despite being a but unrealistic. It is told from multiple perspectives, which isn't usually my favorite, but this is done well. The audio narration does a good job with the character distinction which helps you know which character is which. It is also told in multiple timelines, which is also not my favorite, but it is necessary for the reader to get the entire backstory of all of the women involved in the story and how they are all connected.

I found Shay to lack common sense. She is very analytical and data driven, she keeps data books full of statistics, but when it comes to making a decision she doesn't seem to be able to use any of that data to make decisions to aid her in her life. I will say the data tidbits at the beginning of Shay's chapters were pretty interesting. Her character was easily manipulated and I often found myself wondering why she kept digging herself deeper into the hole she knew she was in. She was a bit too naive for my taste, and all of the characters lacked development.

This thriller relies on coincidence after coincidence to make it work, and while it does have some good twists, it left me underwhelmed. This book isn't bad by any means, it just doesn't fit my preferences.  I like my thrillers to be a little more suspenseful and less predictable.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment