Friday, April 3, 2020

Review: Weather

Weather Weather by Jenny Offill
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is a strange little book.  It was written well, but there really isn't a plot.  If you are more of a plot driven reader like I am, you probably won't enjoy this.  It is told in sort of a poetic, stream of consciousness fashion, where the main character just tells you whatever she is thinking at the time or about whatever happened to her right at that moment or in her day.  It is almost like a living journal entry for her life.

The audio narration is wonderful.  It is narrated by one of my favorite audiobook narrators Cassandra Campbell.  It is fairly short, about 4 hours long, so while it wasn't my preferred style, it was worth the listen.  There are moments of humor, and it has some relatable moments.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment