Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Magical Readathon OWLs/April 2020 TBR



It is that time of year again for the OWLs and the Magical Readathon.

Check out Book Roast's O.W.L.'s Magical Readathon 2020 Announcement, she is the creator of this awesome read-a-thon and all of the prompts, rules, and the amazing career guide she made are all posted in the description box of her video.   There have been some updates to the career guide this year and G has added some extras courses you can take.

All of the prompts are new, and whatever career you pick in April, will help guide you on what you should read in August for NEWTs.

There are 12 prompts and I'm going to try to fill in as many as I can in April, but based on the ARCs I'm committed to already and what I plan on reading for my reading challenges I chose the career of Culinary Sorcerer and taking the Locomotive Operator Course.

My TBR

Culinary Sorcerer
  • Arithmancy - Magical Qualities of #2: Read something outside your favorite genre
    • Reading Lolita in Tehran - Azar Nafisi
    • This is about a group of female students in Iran who gathered illegally to hold a book club to read forbidden Western classics.
  • Charms - Lumos Maxima: White Cover
    • Ruthless Gods by Emily A. Duncan
    • This is the sequel to Wicked Saints and I was lucky enough to get an ARC.  I'm anxious to get back to this dark fantasy world.
  • Herbology - Mimbulus Mimbletonia: A title that starts with M
    • Magic for Liars by Sarah Gailey
    • I've been on a Sarah Gailey binge lately.  I've really liked her other works.  This has magic and mystery.  It sounds perfect.
  • Potions - Shrinking Solution: A book under 150 pages
    • The Black God's Drums by P. Djeli Clark
    • This is supposed to have some historical elements as well as some sci-fi/fantasy elements.  I've only heard good things.
Locomotive Operator
  • Defense Against the Dark Arts - Grindylows: A Book Set at the Sea/Coast
  • Muggle Studies - A Book from the perspective of a Muggle (Contemporary)
    • The Treble with Men by Piper Sheldon
    • This comes out on April 7th and is one of the Smartypants Romance books from the spring release.  This is the second book in the Scorned Women Society series.  This promises a romance centered around music composition.
I have some other books on my TBR that will fit other prompts, so we'll see if I can actually finish

No comments:

Post a Comment