Sunday, March 31, 2019

Review: Saving Meghan by D.J. Palmer

Saving Meghan Saving Meghan by D.J. Palmer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was crazy. It kept me guessing the entire time. I wasn't sure who to believe or what to think. The end was completely unexpected. You really couldn't tell if Meghan was really sick or if it was all in her head. This book will take you on a medical mystery adventure filled with family drama and psychological suspense that you won't soon forget. I don't want to give away too much of the plot because thrillers such as this are best discovered as you read.

This is told from multiple perspectives, Meghan the daughter with the undiagnosed ailment, Becky the devoted mother who has all of the makings of Munchausen's by Proxy, and Zach the doctor who is caught in the middle trying to save Meghan but also has his own baggage. The characters are all very well developed and they all have so many things going on that you aren't sure what to believe or who is at fault. Who I thought was at the center of the whole thing was not the culprit at all, they turned out to be just another victim of the true criminal mastermind. Each of the characters and all of their emotional baggage have a very specific role to play in this story. All of the characters were well developed, and came with their own backstory. You can tell that D.J. Palmer did his his homework and researched the medical aspects of the story. I very much enjoyed that there was just enough medical terminology but not too much that I needed to google things to understand what was going on in the book.

I was provided an advanced copy via the publisher in exchanged for an honest review. My head was spinning the entire time I was reading this, and I highly recommend it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment