Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Books to Give as Gifts



This week's Topic:

December 12: Books to Give _____ as Gifts
Create a recommendations guide for a person. Be creative with this. It can be simple such as "books for parents", more elaborate like "books for Ravenclaws", or expert level like "books for -insert your favorite fictional character here-". You can even take out the category completely and have all 5 be suggestions for different types of people!

I'm going with books to give young readers as gifts.  I'm leaving Harry Potter out because, that's obvious.  I have a voracious 10 year old reader, and I'm always trying to find series that will keep him entertained and engaged.  
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan
    • I also recommend the Heroes of Olympus series.  I really enjoyed all 10 books.  If you have a reader who likes mythology this is a great gift option.
  • The Inheritance Cycle Series by Christopher Paolini
    • I enjoyed this fantasy series, and my 10 year old read it this past year and loved it as well.  It was nice to share a series we both liked.  This has magic, dragons, adventure, and action.  
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
    • This is for the more advanced young reader or any reader for that matter.  If you enjoy historical fiction with a focus on WWII, I highly recommend it.
  • The Land of Stories Series by Chris Colfer
    • My son loved this series, and with fairy tale retellings on the rise this is a great gift for a young reader. 
  • The Wings of Fire Series by Tui T. Suitland
    • This is my son's favorite series.  Whenever I ask him what books he wants it is the next book in this series.  There are 12 books in this fantasy series about dragons and more to come, so that will keep you reader busy for a little while.  

No comments:

Post a Comment