Saturday, December 1, 2018

December TBR


Most of these are for my reading challenge prompts, so I'll be reading those by the end of the year.  Most of these were on my TBR for November and I just didn't get to them.  I also have a couple of ARCs for books that come out in January, but I'm not sure if I'll get to them in December.  Most of these are fairly long, so we'll see how it goes.

Books/Ebooks/ARCs

  • Vicious by Victoria Schwab
  • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
  • Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by by John Tiffany (Adaptation), Jack Thorne, J.K. Rowling 
    • I'm reading this for a challenge for a book turned into a screenplay or play.  Perfect fit I think.
  • White Stag by Kara Barberi
    • This is the first book in a new YA Fantasy series.  This is supposed to be brutal, and have monsters.  Sounds like a fun read.
  • Firestarter by Tara Sim
    • This is is a January release and the 3rd book in the Timekeeper series.  I've really enjoyed the series and I'm looking forward to finding out how our Clock Spirit and Clock Mechanic fair in this installment.
  • Freefall by Jessica Barry
    • This is a mystery/thriller out in January.  There's a plane crash, and a mother/daughter that are separated and determined to find one another.

Audiobooks

  • The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemison
    • Everyone keeps talking about this series.  So I thought I'd give it a try.  It sounds like something I'd like.  I've already started this and while it started out slowly I'm really enjoying it.
  • The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan
    • This is a challenge prompt book for a book involving a bookstore or a library.  It involves both.  I've started this one as well and its cute, though the main character is infuriating at times because she so ridiculously afraid of everything.
  • A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi
    • This is a repeat from last month.  I own it so I'll get to it when there is a break in my library holds.
  • Don't Put Me in Coach by Mark Titus
    • This is a challenge book to for a book involving a sport.  I listened to the intro, and I can tell that this is going to be a difficult listen for me because the writer is a self titled clown.  He doesn't take anything seriously, so we'll see how it goes.  I want to give it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment