Sunday, March 11, 2018

Review: Brave by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Brave Brave by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a great wrap up to the Wicked Trilogy, but it doesn't really end the story. That kind of bugs me, but I understand that there is a novella coming out that is a continuation to the story that hopefully will tie up the remaining loose ends. While the storyline does have an ending (which I'm happy with), its kind of an ending for now with the promise of more to come...later. It just kind of felt incomplete to me, and that bugs me a little. Other than that this was a great story, and I really enjoyed the series overall. Ivy grows alot, she has to deal with the trauma she faced in book 2 at the hands of Prince Drake. She has to deal with some heavy stuff, but she being stubborn and kind of embarrassed by what she's had to do and tries to deal with it all on her own. She shuts out Tink and Ren, and makes some pretty bad decisions. This as you can imagine hurts everyone and causes a pretty epic fight between her and Ren, which leads to an even more epic make up. There is alot more steam between Ren and Ivy in book 3, not that there wasn't in the previous books it is just more frequent. I think part of that is they are finally together and committed to each other, plus they've been through some stuff.

There are some great plot twists in Brave. Some I never saw coming. We also learn what Tink has been doing with all of those Troll dolls. Tink as always is hilarious, and much more present in this book. There is alot of action as Ivy and the gang track down the prince and try to prevent the apocalypse.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment