Sunday, May 7, 2023

Review: Letter Late Than Never by Lauren Connolly

Letter Late Than Never Letter Late Than Never by Lauren Connolly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided both a print and audio arc of this book via the author and Smartypants Romance, all opinions are my own.

As with all of the Smartypants Romance novels this reads as a standalone.  The other books in the Green Valley Heroes series are amazing and you should read them, but you can read them in any order you like.  

This follows Gwen, the local mail person after a run in with her high school crush, local EMT Sebastian.  They both liked each other back then but it never went anywhere.  Now after reuniting, they can't deny that there is still something between them.  There's only one problem, Sebastian has been engaged to his long time sweetheart so he's off the market, or is he?  Both of them are ready to take next steps in their lives, but they both have things that are holding them back.  With some fun adventures and baby steps they are able to find their adventurous spirit and courage to face what comes next.  

This was super fun, and I loved getting to know Gwen and Sebastian, they were really fun characters.  I don't want to spoil anything but the dynamics between Sebastian, his fiancé, and Gwen was kind of strange and not my favorite trope.  I think it was executed well, and it was important to the character arcs, but not my favorite type of storyline.  It didn't quite seem believable in the small town where everyone knows everyone's business, the author kind of did address that which added to the humor of it all.  This had good character development and banter, and was pretty steamy.  

I really enjoyed this.  The narrators did a great job brining Gwen and Sebastian to life.  They really brought the emotion and humor off of the page.  I'll never be able to look at glitter the same again.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment