Monday, April 24, 2023

Review: Fluke (audiobook) by Adriana Locke

Fluke Fluke by Adriana Locke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was provided an audio ARC of this book via the author, all opinions are my own. I read this in print and it was amazing, but the audiobook is even better in my opinion. The narrators do a wonderful job brining all of the emotions into play that make Jess and Pippa's story so wonderful. The dual narration was really well done, as it are all of Locke's audio books. I really loved this series and highly recommend the audiobooks!

This book is part of the Carmichael series, however you can read it as a standalone. Each of the books in the series are companion novels with each book reading as a standalone with interconnected characters. This one focuses on Jess one of many Carmichael brothers, and Pippa an old family friend who has moved back to town for work.

I'm a big fan of Adriana's family series. I love that we get glimpses into the other characters lives and we always get hijinks from Banks. His antics are laugh out loud funny. I can't wait for his book. This has all of my favorite things: friends to lovers, great banter, great conversations, humor, and great characters. Jess and Pippa have known each other for many years, but their attraction never worked out when they were younger. Now that they are adults, they have an opportunity to see if there is more to it than just attraction. Pippa has created a situation for herself at work where she needs an ex-husband to go on a couples retreat with to see if she can rekindle a spark with. This is where Jess, her long time crush come in to save the day. Fortunately for Pippa, he's been asking her out for years and jumps at the chance to actually have a chance with her.

Jess and Pippa's romance seems to develop a big quickly, but they have known each other for along time. It is a bit on the insta-love side of the romance spectrum, even with them knowing each other previously. I usually dislike insta-love storylines, but I didn't mind this one. Jess is patient and kind and was the kind of cheerleader Pippa needed to show her that not all relationships end in doom and gloom and disappointment. Pippa has had some pretty bad experiences when it comes to love in her life romantic and otherwise, so when Jess sweeps her off her feet she keeps waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop because that's all she knows.

Overall this is another home run romance in the series. It is one of the spicier books Adriana has written, but I didn't feel it was over the top or too much. The characters are fun and playful and this is a fun twist on the fake relationship trope. I love this series and can't wait for the next book in the series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment