Monday, April 24, 2023

Review: Dough You Love Me? by Stacy Travis

Dough You Love Me? Dough You Love Me? by Stacy Travis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was provided both a print and audio arc of this book via the author and Smartypants Romance, all opinions are my own.   I really enjoyed the narrators, they did a wonderful job brining both Julia and Shane to life and giving emotion and passion to their story.  I switched back and forth between the audio and the print book and you can't really go wrong with either format.  The author did a wonderful job with this book and it translates well in whatever format you prefer.  I loved both equally!

First off, I need a recipe book with all of the yummy things Julia and Shane bake up in this book.  I really enjoyed living vicariously through them as they baked.  When I grow up I want to learn how to make homemade bread, it is the one thing I can't seem to master.

As you can tell this follows Julia and Shane as our main characters.  They knew each other in high school, but a lack of self confidence kept Shane from taking his shot back in the day, which in turn cause Julia a great hit to her own self-esteem.  With a broken heart and a desire to further her education love of baking, Julia attended culinary school and opened a very succesfful bread business and restaurant.  Now she's returned home to attend to family business and she's run into Shane again and it has brought up feelings she doesn't want to deal with.  Things aren't much different for Shane, he's not the same person Julia knew in high school and they both have to spend some time getting to know one another again.

I absolutely loved this small town, second chance romance.  This had great banter and a wonderful story about finding purpose in life and doing what makes you happy.  Sometimes that is a big fancy, fast paced job. that makes you lots of money, sometimes it is slower, smaller work surrounded by good people that fills your bucket.   This was the "comfort food" book that I needed.  

As with all of the Smartypants Romance offerings this book is a standalone and can be read without having read any of the previous books in the series.  You should read them though, they are awesome!  


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment